Internet of Things (IoT)
Teleman Certified IoT Professional (TCIoTP)
Delivery Mode: Instructor – Led (Classroom)
Course is best suited for candidates who want to excel their career by gaining practical knowledge on IoT device.
IoT in a nutshell is about connecting all devices -phones, watches, cooker, stove, TVs, etc -to the internet so that it can send and receive data to make smart predictions.
The sensors in these devices enable the transfer of data. IoT has applications across sectors ranging from agriculture and healthcare to education. Internet of Things can connect devices embedded in various systems to the internet. When devices/objects can represent themselves digitally, they can be controlled from anywhere. The connectivity then helps us capture more data from more places, ensuring more ways of increasing efficiency and improving safety and IoT security.
IoT is a transformational force that can help companies improve performance and deliver better results. Businesses in the utilities, oil & gas, insurance, manufacturing, transportation, infrastructure and retail sectors can reap the benefits of IoT by making more informed decisions, aided by the torrent of interactional and transactional data at their disposal.
The international research firm Gartner estimates that by the end of 2016, there were 3.8 billion connected things out there—smart cars, smoke detectors, door locks, industrial robots, streetlights, heart monitors, trains, wind turbines, even tennis rackets and toasters. By 2020, Gartner estimates there will be 25 billion of these smart devices, transmitting tiny amounts of data to us, to the cloud and to each other.
It is estimated, that India can have 10-15 million new jobs created in IoT alone.
Duration: 70 Hours ( 30 Hours Theory + 40 Hours Project ) – 10 days
Mostly – Sat-Sun
Basic Programming Knowledge.
Course Requirement: Students have to get own laptop.
Introduction and Understanding IoT:
- An overview of what is (IoT)
- How IoT works
- Understanding IoT layers
- Understanding Sensors, Nodes and Gateways
- IoT Domains
- IoT Use Cases
- IoT Market Opportunities
- Building blocks of IoT
- High Level Architecture
- Technical Stack for IoT
- Network Layers in IoT
- Communication Protocols
- Data Storage
- Data Analytics
- IoT Security
Sensors and Actuators in IoT
- Sensors and Actuators
- Types of Sensors
- Sensor Properties
- Identifying the right Sensor for an application
- Demonstration of Sensor
Communication Architecture & Network protocol stack
- IoT network topology
- ZigBee, Blue Tooth, BLE, Zwave,
- Google thread
- Communication Channels: GSM/GPRS, 2G, 3G, LTE, WiFi, PLC
- LPWAN Technologies 3GPP (Cellular) & Non 3GPP
- What is LPWAN? Non 3GPP – LoRa & LoRaWAN, Sigfox, Weightless.
- IoT protocols: MQTT/MQTTS, 3GPP – NB-IoT, LTE -M , CoAP, 6LoWPAN, like TCP, UDP, HTTP/s
- IPv4 and IPv6
- IoT Platforms
- Hardware platforms and developmentboards
- Raspberry Pi
- Cloud platforms for IoT
- Software for building IoT applications
Designing IoT Applications:
- A practical use-case
- Selecting applicable sensors, nodes,gateways and cloud
- Setting up the IoT environment
- Building and demonstrating the IoT application
IoT on the cloud:
- Introduction to BigData
- BigData Analytics
- Why BigData Analytics
- Applications of BigData Analytics
- Different Data Stores
- CouchDB, MongoDB, Node4J, Hadoop Ecosystem, Spark, Cassandra.
- Communicating sensor data to thecloud
- Analyzing the data for decision making
- Sending commands from cloud to the sensors
Big Data and Data Analytics:
- Storing sensor data on the cloud
- Cleansing stored data
- Tools and Software available for data analysis
- Analyzing the stored data to provide insights
- Analyzing stored data for a predictive model
- Identify an IoT project
- Present project idea
- Develop and implement the project
What will be the Take-away Hardware kit?
- Arduino UNO (At-mega 328) Board with USB cable
- LCD 2 X 16
- Piezo Buzzer
- ESP 8266 WiFi Module
- Ultrasonic sensor (HCSR04)
- Luminance Sensor (LDR)
- PIR sensor Module
- Gas Sensor Module (MQ2)
- DHT11 Sensor Module
- 2 channel relay Board
- Bread Board
- M2M, M2F F2F jumpers
- LED’s and Resistors/Capacitors
What technologies will be covered?
Temperature, Luminance, Infrared, Gas, Current, Ultrasonic, PIR, Accelerometer.
LED’s, Bulb with Relay, Motors, Fan etc.
3. Connectivity Protocols:
Wired: GPIO ADC, Serial, MOD bus, SPI, I2C
Wireless: Zig-Bee, BLE 4.0, Wi-Fi, SUB-1, RF module
4. Hardware Gateway:
Arduino, Raspberry-pi- 3
5. Communication Channels:
Wi-Fi, Ethernet, GSM / 3G / 4G / LTE (SMS, Phone Calls, Data)
6. Messaging protocols:
MQTT, HTTP/HTTPS/REST, SMTP, AMQP
7. IOT cloud Platforms:
Thing-Worx, Thing-speak, AWS IOT, IBM Blue-mix Watson and private AWS instance
C & Python (to program embedded devices like Arduino, Node- MCU and Raspberry-Pi 3) for sensor & actuator control
9. Data Acquisition/Aggregation/Filtering/Analytics, Event Management, Network communication
10. Use Cases Covered:
-Energy & Industrial
-Enterprise & Health Care
-Smart Home & Building Automation
-Automotive & Transport