Optical Fiber (Splicing & OTDR) Course
Fiber Optics Training – Splicing & OTDR
Delivery Mode: Instructor – Led (Classroom)
Course is best suited for candidates who want to learn optical fiber knowledge from basic & require practical exposure on Fusion Splicer & OTDR Meter.
An optical fiber (or optical fibre) is a flexible, transparent fiber made of extruded glass or plastic, slightly thicker than a human hair. It can function as a waveguide, or “light pipe”, to transmit light between the two ends of the fiber. The field of applied science and engineering concerned with the design and application of optical fibers is known as fiber optics.
Optical fibers are widely used in fiber-optic communications, where they permit transmission over longer distances and at higher bandwidths (data rates) than wire cables. Fibers are used instead of metal wires because signals travel along them with less loss and are also immune to electromagnetic interference. Specially designed fibers are used for a variety of other applications, including sensors and fiber lasers.
This course is designed for anyone interested in learning fiber optic from basic level.
Its a practical program providing handson experience on Fusion Splicing equipment & OTDR meter.
Duration: 16 Hours – 2 Days (8 hours per day)
Mostly – Friday – Saturday (Max 5 Students per batch intake)
Candidate can work as Technician / Splicer.
Managers can enhance their knowledge on fiber technology and will be able to well manage team of technician, splicers.
This program is of small batch size (max 5), objective of this is to provide maximum attention to each student with better practical exposure.
• How Optical Fiber Works?
• Fiber-Optic Characteristics
• Principles of Fiber-Optic Communications
• Fiber Geometry
• Classification of Fibers
• Construction of the OFC
• Cable components
• Connector Requirement
• SC – ST – LC type of Connectors
• FC/PC Connectors
• MT-RJ Connector applications
• Connecting Techniques and their insertion loss
• Applications and types of Couplers
• Need for splicing
• Various Splicing Methods
• Mechanical Splicing components & procedure
• Fusion Splicer
• Fusion Splicing methods
• Need for Splicing Closure
• Stripping the coating of fiber
• Cleaning of the fibers
• Cutting the fibers (Cleaving)
• Use of Splice Protector
• Alignment of the fiber
• Alignment varification of the fiber
• Assessment of splicing
• Working of Splice Closure
• Stages of Works to be carried out
• Pipe Laying
• Cable Pulling
• Aerial Optical Fiber Cable Laying
• Use of Calibrated Light Source
• Use of Fiber Optic Light Power Meter
• Optical Attenuator and its applications
• What is OTDR and it’s working principles?
• Cable Handling
• Preparation of Drum for Installation
• Safety in Fiber Optic Installations
• Fiber Optic Installation Safety Rules
• OTDR Measurement Overview
• OTDR Measurement Procedure
• Viewing Measurement Waveform
• OTDR Measurement Preparation/ Connection Setup
• Waveform Acquisition
• Waveform Display Condition
• Distance Measurement
• Saving & Loading Files
• Event Analysis
• Understand Troubleshooting